The Marana Schools’ 2340 Foundation hosted their 3rd annual Celebration of Excellence luncheon on Friday, March 11, 2016 at the Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain in Marana, AZ.
In keeping with the 2340 Foundation’s commitment to support the outstanding work being done in the Marana Unified School District (MUSD), the event recognized student academic achievement and employee excellence. Craig Thomas, anchor and reporter for KOLD-News 13 and FOX 11, acted as the Master of Ceremonies. The event included lunch, presentations, and celebrations of excellence.
Outstanding staff awards were presented to the three MUSD Employees of the Year:
- Kristin Stutzman, First Grade Teacher at Quail Run Elementary;
- Dr. Eric Abrams, Principal at Ironwood Elementary;
- Amy Moore, School Secretary at Roadrunner Elementary.
The staff monetary awards of $5,000 were sponsored by Chasse Building Team, CORE Construction, and BWS Architects.
The following Marana Unified School District Alumni were inducted into the Hall of Fame of their respective high schools.
- Nancy Milstead Criss – Marana HS alumni
- Barney Holtzman – Marana HS alumni
- Niki Melchiori – Mountain View HS alumni;
- Danielle Cruz Schroeder– Mountain View HS alumni;
The 2340 Foundation awarded scholarships to the 11 MUSD graduating seniors listed below:
- Marana High School: Hailey Albert, Courtney Coronado, Trevor Rickus, Riley Thorsrud, Emma Tweedy
- Mountain View High School: Diego Bustamante, Shareese Crump, Selena Hopkins, Shea Oliver, Marissa Robles
- MCAT High School: Chloe Chesnut
Students from the Mountain View High School orchestra, under the direction of Terry Alexander, performed during registration. The National Anthem was performed by Marana High School choir students. The Marana High School choir is under the direction of Sarah Ross.
The Foundation thanks the following sponsors for their support:
Arizona Communication Expects
Chasse Building Team
K2 Electric, Inc.
Pueblo Mechanical & Controls, Inc.
Town of Marana
Urban Energy Solutions